This page has been updated on 14 January 2019.
Thank you so much for all your interest in working with me, either on a review or other sort of feature! I am currently not accepting books for review or authors to feature, unless I follow you on a platform or have expressed strong interest in reading.
If I follow you/we are mutuals (on Twitter, Instagram, or my blog), OR if I have expressed strong interest in reading your book (this is up to your discretion), feel free to reach out about your request through DM or email! I’m happy to see what I can do. Similarly, if you know I have an advance copy of your book and you’d like to do an author feature with my review, I’d be open to that!
For everyone else, please check back at this page for when I open review requests. Thank you!
If you are interested in being featured as part of Writer Wednesday, please check my Twitter account for when I open the form (not accepting any applications for 2019). Similarly, I’ll mention it one of the Writer Wednesday posts when the form opens.
I unfortunately do not have the time to respond to every request, especially those made during times when I explicitly state that I am not accepting requests, so please understand if you don’t get a response!
These are my requirements for novels to honestly review:
- They must be young adult.
- Genres I will consider are contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian, action/adventure, drama, romance, historical fiction, LGBTQ+, and some non-fiction.
- Genres I will not consider are erotica, spiritual, and horror (I’m sorry; I’m a complete wimp! Scary stories freak me out 🙈).
- If your genre isn’t mentioned, feel free to request and specify what genre you believe your novel falls under. I’m always open to reading new things!
I prefer physical ARCs/novels, but will accept digital in certain cases. Your work is always protected & will never be shared after I read it.
I hold the right to deny a request to review a book if it doesn’t interest me. In doing so, I prevent biased negative reviews of books because I’m not interested in the genre.
All of my reviews are at least 500 words long, spoiler-free, and touch on both the positives and negatives of my thoughts on a book.
My rating system factors in both my own enjoyment reading as well as the book’s quality. I do not give ratings to DNFs, although I try to avoid DNFs as much as possible. Sometimes I round up, sometimes I round down. How my rating system works:
- 5 stars | I loved the book & I think it was executed near perfectly!
- 4.5 stars | I loved the book but there were a few minor execution issues OR I think the execution was near perfect, but I only liked the book, not loved it.
- 4 stars| I found some minor execution issues and I couldn’t connect very much with the book, but I still liked reading it.
- 3.5 stars | I found a major issue with the book’s execution, but it was still a somewhat enjoyable read, or I didn’t love it, but I think it was executed very well.
- 3 stars| I found a major issue with the book’s execution and didn’t enjoy reading parts of the book, or it was just OK.
- 2.5 stars | There were multiple issues with the book, and I didn’t enjoy reading around half of it.
- 2 stars| There were multiple issues with the book that prevented me from enjoying the novel to its fullest extent.
- 0-1.5 stars | DNF or there was something very wrong with the novel
If I could not finish the work, I will provide a review stating why I couldn’t finish it based on the portion I read. To request your book to be reviewed, please follow these instructions:
- Contact me through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), contact form, or private message on Twitter.
- Include in your message:
- the book title
- an extended summary
- the release date
- anything else you’d like to tell me
Questions, comments, or concerns? Drop a comment below.